Monday, June 21, 2010

Three Week Vacation

Jeff and I had a chance to make the rounds and visit tons family before moving. We spent a week with my family in Washington, a couple days with grandparents and cousins, and a week with Jeff’s family in California. It was so much fun! Here are a few highlights from our trip.


We walked around Alki Beach and ate at Spud's Fish & Chips.



My mom and I found this painting at Goodwill and I painted over it. It was cheaper than buying new canvas and a frame.



My dad took a day off of work and took us out to Lake Sammamish. The water was perfect except for how cold it was.



Our windshield wiper broke on our way down to Oregon. We pulled over at a rest stop to examine the problem. The whole piece connecting the wiper was gone. Since it was raining we had a serious problem. A man saw we were in trouble and came over to help. He tried holding the parts together with a straw he dug out of the garbage.
When he realized it wouldn't hold tight enough he took out his do-rag and a knife. Once we started to oppose he simply laughed and said, "Oh, like it's so expensive," and cut off a chunk. On our way to an auto shop we couldn't help but laugh at our pimped out ride.


We stayed a night in Portland and were able to celebrate Jared's birthday. This meant there were a lot of cousins around. It was so fun to see everyone and how big all the kids are getting. Melinda made an awesome toolbox cake for Jared complete with a screw driver and saw.




The next day we drove to my grandparents house in Northern California and stayed the night. We woke up the next morning and left for my other grandparents house a couple hours south. We had a lot of fun with them!


We drove another 10 hours to Southern California to spend the week in a beach house with Jeff's family. It was a blast as you can tell by the pictures.











We all went to Disneyland for a day. It was fun to watch the kids get excited about the princesses and rides. The weather was perfect and by the end of the day we were exhausted. Jeff and I decided our kids will have to wait till they are older to go to Disneyland. I don't know how parents do it!







Our trip is over now and we have a week to pack for our big move. We spent about 46 hours in the car already and still have another 30 ahead of us. Good thing we're not sick of each other yet!

2 comments:

Jess said...

FUN! I love your pictures! I want to put the one with the waves and rocks up on my wall :)

Hayley Parker said...

haha good thing! i'm so excited to see you before you leave!

Post a Comment